"Masterpieces of the Nihon Mingeikan - Commemorating its 75th Anniversary" Exhibition
This event has ended.
The Japan Folk-Craft Museum was founded in 1936 in order to introduce visitors to the beauty ordinary crafts that speak to the spiritual and practical needs of life. Soetsu Yanagi (1889-1961), the first director and founder of the Museum, made numerous trips throughout Japan to conduct research and amass collections, in addition to holding exhibitions and writing prolifically on Mingei (folk art).
This year marks the 75th anniversary of the museum's founding. On display at this commemorative exhibition are ceramics, porcelain, woven and dyed fabrics, wooden lacquerware and paintings, in addition to books, manuscripts and photographs that belonged to Yanagi.
From 2011-04-05 To 2011-06-26