Musashino History and Archeology – The Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum Collection
This event has ended.
Since its opening in 1954, the Musashino Kyodokan, predecessor to the Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum, collected and exhibited information and artifacts related to the tangible and intangible culture and customs of the Musashino area from pre-historical to ancient to modern times. Many of these items were moved to the Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum when it opened in 1991, and the museum continues to hold exhibitions and displays that reveal Musashino history through these materials. Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum now introduces Jomon-era artifacts and relics from this collection, focusing on a canoe that has long been a highlight of the collection and research into how it was made.
from May 24, 2016 to January 22, 2017
Closes at 16:30 after October 1st. Closed from December 26th to January 1st.