Oo Chigai Ten: Big Differences
This event has ended.
This exhibition takes a creative look at the suffocating idea of “normal.” We often hear “We’re all different and we’re all good,” but there are still plenty of people struggling under the burden of “being normal.” It could be because of the person’s education, profession, appearance, or anything else. At work, school, or even girl’s get-togethers, they find it difficult to live amongst all the rules and assumptions of what it is to be “normal,” understanding the word but unable to become it. Experience their worlds of creatively expressed difference.
1) The 3-A Difference: An honest account of the difficulties of being a high school girl.
2) Differences in Beauty: An exploration of different kinds of beauty and diverse values
3) Regional Differences: A swap meet for discovering treasures from one another’s communities
4) Different Voices: Taking an interest in how our voices are heard by others
5) Daily Differences: A collection of notes from everyday life we might normally shy away from showing to the world
Space: Room 313