Made Of Japan (TAB Exclusive Boxed Edition) by Onitsuka Tiger
Exclusive to TAB: the book comes in a box with a laser-cut Tiger sleeve. Limited to 250 boxes!
Onitsuka Tiger is celebrating its 60th anniversary this year – an event of major significance in Japan. Made of Japan is the beautiful result of a journey into taste: 260 pages presenting the brands’ original sports heritage, its vision and evolution, and its influence as a style icon amongst fashion leaders, artists, athletes and sports fans around the world.
- Shipping on September 7th
- Limited edition set includes 260-page soft cover book, box & thin mikromowell silk-screened carton sleeve with laser-cut Tiger motif
- More pictures of the book on LimitedHype
- Bilingual content (Eng/Jap) with over 300 photos
- 30 iconic personalities, including Chiharu Shiota, Naomi Yotsumoto, Yusuke Iseya, Hirofumi Kurino, Thomas Demand, former star athletes Dave Cowens, Lasse Virén.
- Contributors from Japan, US, Germany, Sweden, among others.
- Photographers include Fumino Osada, Daniel Josefsohn, Frederik Heyman and Sandor Lubbe, among others.
- Dimensions (book): 240mm x 350mm (9 ½” x 13 ¾”)
- Traditional Japanese "ito-toji" binding
- Published by Mulholland B.V., and produced in cooperation with Onitsuka Tiger
The history of Onitsuka Tiger began in Japan in 1949, when Kihachiro Onitsuka founded his company, Onitsuka Co. Ltd. Driven by his vision of promoting youth health through sports in post-war Japan, and the company went on to play a part in most Olympic games. The famous Tiger stripes are synonymous with sporting triumph. In 2001 Onitsuka Tiger was re-introduced in Europe in response to a growing trend in ‘retro’ shoe models. Today Onitsuka Tiger represents the forward-looking face of modern, metropolitan Japan and is a cult favorite amongst style leaders and fashion followers alike. The entire collection of shoes, apparel and accessories reflects the innovative, original spirit of the Onitsuka Tiger brand.