Yokohama Museum Collection Exhibition - Second Part, 2009
This event has ended.
The Yokohama Museum collects work according to the following collection objectives. The number of pieces in the collection stands at about 9,750 as of September 1st, 2008.
(1) Works that trace the mutual influence of modern European and Japanese art on each other since the opening of the port of Yokohama
(2) Works that offer a bird's eye view of the development and course of contemporary art, and that clearly illuminate its issues
(3) Representative works of photography that make up one field of modern art
(4) Works that contributed to the development of modern Japanese art, including those under the patronage of Sankei Hara and were associated with Tenshin Okakura
(5) Works by representative artists associated with Yokohama
(6) Contemporary crafts, design, architecture and video
The Yokohama Museum Collection Exhibition is spread out over three parts per year, displaying works from the permanent collection in exhibition halls 1, 2, 3, as well as the photography gallery.
From 2009-07-22 To 2009-11-23
Closed September 1st - 18th